Monday, September 27, 2010

Change is Good.


Once upon a time when I heard the word change, my heart rate accelerated, my eyes grew large and my thoughts would race.
For me change meant something bad was about to happened.  I dreaded change, I fought change with all my might. How silly of me to waste so much energy to change.

Then one day I realized that change for the most part is good.  Our bodies change everyday whether you know it or not, hair falls new one grows, our skin changes texture with time, our weight goes up or down.  
We change careers, cars, computers, and even money.

So why some of us fight change? Because change can be a scary experience.

My parents decided to move the family from Puerto Rico to Chicago. I was only 10 years old when this change happened; at that age it was not a big deal to me because I was going to get to see snow for the first time.
When I started high school, that was a different more traumatic experience a different change of environment that I was regretting yet I was looking forward to it.

Lately I've noticed that I am changing spiritually, I no longer fear speaking my mind about GOD and what I believe in.  I am welcoming the person I am becoming. I no longer become frantic when I hear the word change.  I've learned that as a human being with Free Will and a Conscious we can not suppress change.  Change is good. Change helps us become a better person.

So the next time something or someone changes look at it in a positive light.  You never know what this new change will bring for you and your future.

Please feel free to share your comments and/or suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment